Zucchini and Kourellas Dairy Feta Fritters
- Prep: 40 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Servings: 4 people
- 600g zucchini (about 4), coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 100g Kourellas Barrel Aged Feta, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh parsley and mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 30g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2-3 tablespoons Third Pillar Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Riccis Bikkies Herbed Turkish Bread, tomato wedges, lettuce and labne, to serve
Whether a delicious treat for family and friends, or just a healthy meal for yourself, these simple and easy Zucchini and Kourellas Dairy Feta Fritters will become an instant favourite!
- Place zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and toss. Set over sink for 20 minutes. Squeeze well to remove excess water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine zucchini, onion, garlic, feta, eggs and herbs in a bowl. Add flours and sumac, then mix with a spoon.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add 4 heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture to the pan and flatten slightly with an egg slice. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and heated through. Repeat twice more with remaining batter. Serve fritters with Turkish bread, salad and labne for spreading.