Italian Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Servings: 12 people
- 55g (⅓ cup) sultanas
- 80ml (⅓ cup) marsala
- 250g Blue Cow Italian Style Mascarpone
- 1.2kg Blue Cow Italian Style Ricotta
- 150g (⅔ cup) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- Premade Careme Shortcrust Sweet Pastry GF 400g, following package instructions
Escape to Italy this weekend with our special citrusy Lemon Italian Ricotta Cheesecake. Speed up your preparation time by using premade sweet shortcrust pastry; there’s nothing like impressing guests with your baking skills. Serve with Maggie Beer’s Non-Alcohol Sparkling Chardonnay allowing you to celebrate the joy of bubbles without the alcohol (but we won’t judge if you go for the real thing either).
- Place sultanas in a bowl, cover with marsala and soak for 2 hours or overnight. Drain sultanas, reserving 1 tablespoon of marsala, and set aside.
- Roll out two-thirds of the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3 mm-thick and use to line the base of a 22 cm cake pan. Roll out the remaining pastry until 3mm thick, cut into even pieces and use to line side of pan, pressing edges and base to seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Using an electric mixer, beat mascarpone and ricotta until just smooth. Add sugar and beat to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, orange zest, lemon zest and flour, and beat until just combined. Fold in sultanas and reserved marsala. Pour into pastry-lined cake pan and bake for 1 hour or until just set. Turn off oven and allow cake to cool completely in the oven with the door held slightly ajar with a wooden spoon. Remove from oven and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until cold. Dust cake with extra icing sugar, to serve.