Cauliflower, Cheese and Chicken Fritters
- Servings: 4 people
- 1 small whole cauliflower
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded Corvino Buffalo Mozzarella DOP
- 1/2 cup grated B-d Farm Gouda
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
Catering with canapés for Cup Day? Or post Cup Day? These are quicker than a winning thoroughbred. Bet on this bite-sized morsel with a light, crispy coating. Filled with stretchy mozzarella and flavoursome gouda.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil (don’t salt it).
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cook until tender and soft.
- Drain and allow to cool slightly before chopping into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooled chopped cauliflower.
- Mix well until combined and the cauliflower has broken down further.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure (or 3 tbsp) and divide the mixture into fritters. You should get 16 fritters out of the mixture.
- Place a large heavy based frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add a splash of oil and cook the fritters for a minute until golden, flip and cook on the other side.
- Remove the fritters to a lined baking sheet and cook the remaining mixture.
- Once they are all crisped bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
Alternatively you can cook them in the oven.
- Pre-heat the oven as above.
- Place the raw fritters on a lined baking sheet.
- Spray with oil and bake for 20-25 minutes turning once.