Careme Pastry White Chocolate Cherry Tart
- Servings: 6 people
- 1 x 300g Carême Dark Chocolate Pastry, defrosted or 1 x 435g Carême Sweet Vanilla Pastry, defrosted
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 100ml thick cream + extra 200ml for serving
- 180g white chocolate broken into small pieces (or buttons if you can find them)
- 700g cherries, stoned & stems removed (Reserve a few to decorate tart)
- ½ cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon brandy, kirsch or port (optional)
Worth every bit of effort, this lavish White Chocolate Cherry Tart will win over everyone at your next dinner party. The perfect balance of tart, sweet and creamy, make this dessert your next crowd pleaser.
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan-forced (180c non-fan).
- Use a 26cm dinner plate to cut a circle from the chocolate pastry. Line the tart tin with the pastry, use your thumb to push the pastry down the sides and into the base of the tart. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill to the top with baking weights to support the sides. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, carefully remove the baking weights and paper, return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to crisp the base of the tart. Leave the tart to cool then place in an airtight container.
- For the filling, heat the crème fraîche with the thick cream (do not boil). Place the white chocolate in a bowl, pour over the hot cream, using a whisk stir until the chocolate dissolves. Cover with cling wrap with some air holes punched in it and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Place the stoned cherries together with the sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until cherries are tender. Remove cherries with a slotted spoon. Add liqueur to remaining juice, if using, boil rapidly for 2 minutes. Place cherries and juice in separate container and store in fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve whisk the extra 200ml of thick cream until thick, gently fold this through the white chocolate ganache you made the day before.
- Remove the tart from its tin. Spoon the poached cherries into the chocolate tart case. Spoon the white chocolate ganache cream over the cherries. Just prior to serving dust the cream with cocoa powder (optional).
- Pour the cherry juice into a serving jug. Take the whole tart to the table and serve a slice with a splash of the boozy cherry juice.http://caremepastry.com/recipe/white-chocolate-cherry-tart/
Share this recipe: